Saturday, July 21, 2007

FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE ART LEAGUE












For the "artsy" crowd around here there is the Rehoboth Art League which has local artists represented, art shows, galleries, art classes --- many wonderful things. I even took a poetry class there one winter. Since this is a vacation destination, the summer months bring many more people than off-season. Friday night was a gallery opening to showcase several popular local artists.
The Art League is on the grounds of a beautiful, old estate that was donated to the League many years ago. I thought I would show you some pictures I took Friday night. Oh yes -- when they have these openings they also have lots of free hors d'oeuvres -- feed the stomach and the soul.

1 comment:

kris said...

That looks totally cool - what a fun way to spend a Friday night. Was your class writing your own poetry? I have never had a talent for writing poetry - but I have taken writing classes at a place here. I am always in awe of the talent the other people in the class have!