Tuesday, March 09, 2010

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS IT?

Here is my recent purchase at my favorite local thrift shop. It is a triangular shaped bottle with a shaker style metal cap. The bottle is about 6 1/2 inches long and about an inch wide. It says "OWENS" (my last name) on two sides and on the bottom it has an "O" in a triangle. My research tells me this is from the Owens Glass Company, maybe before 1939.  What I do not know is what this bottle was used for. Was it a salt and pepper shaker? A laundry sprinkler bottle? Some kind of bottle used for medicines? I think it was meant to be kept on its side because of the triangular shape and the narrowness of it.

Does anyone have a clue?

1 comment:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello...

Ohhh my...what an interesting bottle! I have never seen one like it before. It really is quite unique and just awesome that it has your name on it! I wish you the best in your search to find out more info on this neat little bottle! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Well my friend, I also would like to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my Birds of a Feather tablescape...and for leaving me such a sweet note! You mentioned that you have the Johnson Bros. Blue Willow china...I love that pretty pattern! I do agree with you on the quality of the later Johnson Bros. dishware...it's not quite as nice. I recently bought my mother a set of Johnson Bros. "Friendly Village" dishes for Christmas. They were new and manufactured in China. They really are pretty, however when I was doing a little searching on ebay for extra pieces...I realized that there was a noticable difference between the older pattern in comparison to the new! The quality was much better with the older dishes. Nevertheless, I will enjoy my Johnson Bros. "Brookshire" dishes and at just $24 for 56 pieces...guess I can't complain too much! Hehe! Again, thank you so much for your visit...I enjoyed it!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design