Thursday, March 18, 2010

MORE AUCTION FINDS

One of my favorite things to do at my favorite Rehoboth Beach auction is to wait until the very end. That is when the auctioneers go around to the tables with the leftovers and take bids. Usually you can get a batch of things for $5-$10.


I got this little gold china set at a recent auction.  I bid on something else and this came with it.  I am not sure what it is for because the pot is quite small, as are the little cups and saucers.  The six cups and saucers could be demitasse cups for strong coffee or hot chocolate, but the pot would only hold a small amount.  It is labeled "encrusted gold - Stouffer's" on the bottom.  The color is a little gaudy for me, but charming in its own way.  I have it sitting on a thrift shop find -a little hand painted tray that says on the back "Occupied Japan" which I guess dates it to around the late 1940's.  (You can also see in the corner one of two carnival glass bowls that came with something else I bid on at the auction.)  I am not sure what to do with this set except display it...if I had room.

To see other Show and Tell posts visit our hostess, Cindy, at My Romantic Home.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love auctions but have a bad habit of getting caught up in the bidding and spending to much money.
Love the little serving set and what I see of the tray and carnival piece looks very pretty...hugs, Linda

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love it! Save it for a giveaway here on your blog if you don't have too much invested in it.

I wish there was a good auction around here but the only one I know about is really trashy and has mostly junk, plus it's on Wednesday night when I'm usually at church. :-/

Hope you've had a great day. It's gorgeous here, 65F and sunny!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Cindy said...

I got your comment about not being on my links. You are there, you're #54

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely Bee-You-Tee-Full! What a great item! I dropped in from "My Romantic Home" and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon when you get a moment. until later...