Sunday, March 28, 2010

What Happened To Spring??

I thought Spring had arrived last week.  Temperatures neared 70 degrees for a few days, then the rain came and now it is windy and very cool.  Is March supposed to come in like a lion and out like a lamb?  Looks like it is the opposite here.  I went over to Lewes Beach which sits on the Delaware Bay right near the Atlantic Ocean and the Delaware River.  It is a great little beach for families because the water is calm, they rent umbrellas there and the Dairy Queen is a short walk away. 

I am waiting for Spring again.


3 comments:

Betty Jo said...

We are still awaiting spring too! A few brave daffodils have poked their heads up but none of the usual pink and white blossoms out yet. Next week we're to be in the seventies with rain, so perhaps that will bring spring our way. ♥

Diane@Diane's Place said...

It's chilly here too, Kristina. It's 51F at nearly 9:30 pm and the wind blew so hard today that the wind chill was in the lower 40's! I won't complain though because I so dread the miserably hot and humid Summer that's just around the corner. :-/

Have a great week, my friend. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Anonymous said...

We thought that Spring had arrived in the UK too but we have had rain for the last two days and more is expected. Lewes in the UK is in East Sussex near Brighton and as you say there is Looe in Cornwall. I have never visited either places, but we are going to Winchelsea near Rye in East Sussex this Sunday for a family lunch.

I look forward to learning more about your Lewes!

Jackie in UK.