I just returned from a great weekend visiting my sister in Pennsylvania. These are some of the things we did:
2. Went to a nursery to buy flowers for Mom and Dad's grave and then went to the cemetery and planted them.
4. Drove past the house we grew up in and were shocked at the changes. The new owners had removed all the beautiful holly trees, japonica trees, dogwood, lily of the valley and mint that grew along the shady side of the house and many other things.
7. Went to a strawberry festival and ate hot dogs, barbeque, strawberries, etc. (See my sister enjoying the strawberries)
9. Went to an estate auction and got some old iron things for $30. (See the old iron gate)
10. Ate pizza at midnight.
12. Went to an antique store and she bought a very nice clock for only $11.
13. Visited with one of my nieces whom I had not seen for quite awhile. I seldom have a chance to have a nice chat with her. She is the "baby" of the three (my daughter and my sister's two daughters).
14. Visited my other niece and had a chance to say hi and also hi to my only nephew as he tore past me on his way to his wading pool.
15. Ate and talked more.
On one of my recent posts, someone posted a comment and I didn't know it at the time, but "daffodilly" is my sister. She will be working on a blog and will present it soon.
We had a great time together. The older we get the more alike we become. We can almost finish each other's sentences.
The most joy in the world to be had is to be with dear family.