Wednesday, May 06, 2009

RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY....PLEASE!


I swear it has been rainy, cloudy, chilly, grey, depressing and just plain awful for the past week. It is supposed to continue until Sunday I think. Everyone seems miserable because of it. It is amazing what joy a little sunshine brings into our lives.

I went to one of the local thrift shops today and came away with a few things: a cut glass ice bucket with little ice tongs, an oil lamp with a cut glass base, a vintage pitcher like three others I have, and a few little linen doilies. Our neighborhood is having a yard sale on Saturday. I am trying to decide what to put out. It is so hard for me to get rid of things. I keep thinking I can use it or paint it or save it for later. HELP! I have to get rid of some stuff!
Always,

3 comments:

BClark said...

When you find a way to solve that problem, let me know. I have a terrible time letting go of things. I keep figuring there must be something I can do with it.
So nice to know I am not alone with this problem.

Willow said...

I can't help you cuz I'll say, "Get rid of it!" I'm seldom sentimental about possessions. I have a few exceptions, but I have moved so many times and I just got tired of packing and unpacking so much. Good Luck! And may you be blessed with some sunshine!

Linda said...

I've been trying to down size a bit too... it's very difficult. What I'm doing is one thing in and one or two things out, I've been told by others this works.....we'll see. Have fun on Saturday...hugs, Linda