Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

I hope all of you mothers are having a lovely day. The weather here is gorgeous for a change. I talked to my daughter and my grandsons on the phone and also my sister. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing any of them today -- the family is so scattered. The above photo is my daughter at six weeks old and me. Don't I look like a proud mama? I was so happy to have a little girl!


I plan to plant a few tomato plants today which I have been procrastinating on doing. Ken and I will probably go out to eat dinner this afternoon.

I made $114 on my yard sale yesterday -- not bad since I only did it for two hours. Then I went to an auction and spent $38.00. In one pocket, out the other.

Are any of you on Facebook? It has been so much fun connecting with people I have not seen for years and years. Cheryll -- you know one of them is you! Another is someone I haven't thought of for 50 years. He was the star of our sixth grade operetta and I had a slight crush on him after that. Well -- there he was on FB yesterday asking to be a friend (you have to ask on FB). Turns out he had a crush on me at the same time (we were about 12 years old I think) and neither of us knew about the other's crush. So funny! I have also connected with a boy who was one of my friends when we were only about three or four years old. That was really incredible. It is so nice to see that these people have gone on to have happy and successful lives with families and even grandchildren now. The circle of life........

Have a happy day, dear bloggers!

Always,


11 comments:

Willow said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Mary said...

Happy Mother's Day, my friend. Sounds like you had a great garage sale. That's pretty good for a couple of hours.

I'm on Facebook. Look me up if you'd like.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and Beth.

OK, who's the 6th grade crush? The only one I can remember from that operetta is Mike Moneyhan and I don't think he's the one. 'Fess up!

I really hope that the next UMHS reunion is a good one. We WILL be going, right?

BClark said...

Love the picture, seeing something like that takes us back. We look so young and yet we thought we were so old and knew it all.

Yes, my kids got me into face book, fun.

Good going on the yard sale, you are helping stimulate the economy!!
Good for you.

Linda said...

Your garage sale sounds like a huge success ...I'm having one the first weekend in June, I hope I do as well as you.
I love the picture...you do look so happy...daughters are a blessings..hugs, Linda

Mountain Mama said...

I tried to leave a message but apparently my computer ate it!
Just want to say the photo is precious. I remember how wonderful it felt to hold my infants in my arms. Nothing like it!
I thought I had finished planting my garden today then found five tomato plants, several cukes and peppers that still need to go in. Hopefully I can squeeze them in someplace tomorrow.

I'm on facebook but not very active in it I'm afraid. There is so much work outside this time of year I can barely keep up.
Have a great week end.

Cozy Home Cottage said...

Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful. I am very behind in my blogging. I caught up a bit this morning. I have left a little sometning there for you. Stop by and see what it is. Hope your week-end is a good one.

Hugs from WV,
Charlotte

violetlady said...

Mountain Mama, thank you for fixing the photo. I changed it and put the better one on. What a difference. I need to get photoshop!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, and thank you for the prayers for Lamar! We appreciate them more than we can say.

I'm on Facebook all the time. I don't know how to find you, but if you'll do a search by my name (Diane Cook Jennings) or my email (lenadianejennings@yahoo.com) and send me a request I'd love to add you to my friends. :-)

Have a blessed Sunday, my friend.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Jess said...

Hi there...hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Sorry I haven't been by much.

I do hope all is well with you

Love, Jess

Tristi Pinkston said...

Look at you and that little baby! So sweet.