Monday, February 23, 2009

....TO GRANDCHILDREN'S HOUSE WE GO!!

I am posting the pictures first because it is too hard to try to get them under each paragraph. Does anyone know an easy way to do it?


Me with my daughter and grandsons.

What a great meal!


Helping to build the giant Lego pirate.

Beautiful snow!
Snow isn't always beautiful!

I got home yesterday from Massachusetts. It was a nice visit - a little short - but better than nothing. The grandsons seem to be taller every time I see them (which is every few months). There was still lots of snow there and we had a fresh dusting one of the nights.

I am not a mall shopper, but we were at two different malls on two different days. Each day to get presents for the boys. Ian's birthday is next Sunday. Cooper's isn't until July. So they both got early birthday presents! There was a Lego Master at one of the malls which we had to visit. He was building an 8 ft. tall pirate and there were hundreds of kids there to help.

Beth made THE best dinner on Saturday night - shredded chicken tacos, fresh guacamole, black beans and rice......yum. We visited the local thrift shop in the afternoon and I found two blue willow plates - one a divided diner (as in diner, not dinner) plate for my display and another larger platter. If I haven't mentioned it before, I have been using Blue Willow dishes since I was 21. A very long time. I have some other dishes, too, but the main ones I have always used are Blue Willow. I always get a kick out of the old movies I always watch when I see families sitting down to dinner and what kind of dishes do they use? Blue Willow!

5 comments:

Willow said...

Your grandsons are adorable! I know they'll hate me saying that, but they are cuties!

I look Blue Willow china too. I seldom find any in thrift stores though. Lucky you!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Looks like you had a very nice visit! Would love to see your collection of "Blue Willow" sometime!

Stay Cozy,
Carrie

Renie Burghardt said...

Lucky you to get to visit with your lovely daughter and cute grandsons! Mine livew 750 miles away. I am always thrilled when they come to visit.

Love the pictures, and your meal looks delicious. And I love Blue Willow as well.

Have a great rest of the week.

Renie

BClark said...

So wonderful you get to see the boys so often. Your daughter is so pretty, beautiful skin and coloring. We know where she got those looks from.
As to your pictures, once they are uploaded you can move them around your post. You click on them and then can drag them where you want them. Hope that helps

Mary said...

Violetlady,

Enjoyed your photos of the Grands. Brandon has shot up another couple of inches. Another inch and he will be the tallest in our immediate family. His Dad is fairly short and he passed him last year. Now there is just Grandpa. They are tied and Brandon is 5'9" and he is only 13.

I always upload my photos first and then just type in between them so that it is kind of a photo essay.

Thanks for entering my book giveaway. Your name has been added to the pot.

Blessings for a great weekend.
Mary