Saturday, April 12, 2008

SPRING READING CHALLENGE UPDATE

I have finished the Tony Randall book that is on my Spring Reading Challenge list. I bought this book for 25 cents - it was published in 1989. I always liked Tony Randall and thought it would be interesting. Actually, for anyone interested in the theater it would be very interesting. Tony shares with the reader a long series of funny stories about New York theater and Hollywood. I think some of it is meant to be understood by show business insiders. The book is entertaining, but since it is an older book, everything takes place prior to the 1980's. Tony Randall passed away fairly recently. I will probably donate this book to the library.



I have started the new Cara Black book which already appears to be of her usual high caliber of writing. If you are unfamiliar with her books, but you like mysteries and you like Paris -- you will love her books. I have waited patiently for this book to appear since she is one of my favorite authors.



James Lee Burke (another favorite) is expected to have a new book (a new Dave Robicheaux mystery) out this summer. Janet Evanovich will have another Stephanie Plum book released on June 17. I can't wait for these to be released.



2 comments:

Willow said...

When I go to the library to look at new/new to me mysteries, I need to remember to write down the names of the authors you recommend! I'll have to check these authors out.

I'm currently reading a novel set in 1939 Europe, recounting the fall of Warsaw and France's preparations for war. Such a sad time!

Anonymous said...

I was about ready to send out the search party for you!

You're doing good on this challenge. See, they're not too tough! I liked Tony Randall too - he was perfect as Felix Unger.

Come over and join my challenge!