Tuesday, July 29, 2008

BACK HOME AGAIN IN DELAWARE

I am back from vacation and glad to be back in my own bed. Do you ever have that feeling when you have been away?


We were in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire which is a sweet little town on Lake Winnepasaukee. We rented the same cottage that we have rented several times over the years. It is on Shaw Pond which is really like a lake, but they call it a pond up there. The picture I have on the bottom of my blog is the view from the cottage. It has two bedrooms, living room, kitchen and dining area, one bathroom and a deck. We had a good time just being together -- my daughter and two grandsons and my sister and me. Except for two nights when my son-in-law came up, the husbands were left at home. We shopped, shopped, shopped, cooked in, ate out, the boys went kayaking, Cooper (my oldest grandson) spent time at the nearby camp hanging out with his good buddy. My youngest grandson, Ian, took me (courtesy of his dad) to the Wright Museum which is devoted exclusively to the WWII years with wonderful exhibits of life during that time.

Of course, there was the fact that it rained some almost every day, there was a tornado within a few miles of us (in which one person was killed) and the plumbing problems at the cottage for part of the week. But, we did eat some lobster rolls -- if you have never had one, you must. Delicious!





And today I wish my oldest grandson, Cooper, a happy 12th birthday. It was like yesterday that I drove from Delaware to Tennessee in time to be there when he was born. Happy Birthday, dear Cooper!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Cooper!

Wow, where does the time go?

BClark said...

Welcome Home and yes always nice to be back in my own bed. Being with loved ones over rides bad plumbing and bad weather. Lobster rolls are heaven, as is boiled, broiled, sauteed, Lobster pie, Lobster Bisque,cold Lobster salad, etc. Can you tell I miss New England and all the great food?

Barbara