Friday, March 14, 2008

THE STORY OF VIOLETTE


Today I thought I would share with you the story of my oldest cat, Violette. (I used to spell it Violet until I realized that the other three four-footed babies in my house have French names, so hence "Violette."

Once upon a time a very nice lady and her new husband lived in a condo just off the beach in a small town. There were many wild cats in this little beach town.

One day through the back fence appeared a little gray striped wild kitty. She was as wild as the squirrels who lived in the trees. The nice lady wanted to feed the kitty, but the kitty was so wild and shy she would not come close even though she was very hungry.

Each day the lady would put a can of tuna through the fence and the little kitty would eat her fill. Each day the lady moved the can closer to the back door. After many days the kitty would eat from the can while the lady sat beside her. After many more days the lady was allowed to touch the kitty and pet her.

But one day was different. On this day the lady picked up the shy, wild kitty and took her into the house. The kitty was so scared that she ran from room to room and cried to get out, but the lady would not let her out.

Finally, the kitty thought that this was not a bad place after all. The lady and the man were very nice and always fed her. She was no longer hungry. A big, old boy cat also lived there and he became her friend. He took care of her and showed her where she could sleep and even washed her ears for her.

The wild, shy cat was given the name "Shy Violet" by the nice lady. As the years passed, Violette was no longer wild and she was no longer shy. She loved her new home and she loved the nice lady and the nice man and she also loved the big, old boy cat who washed her ears.

They all lived happily ever after because that is how nice stories are supposed to end.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found Violette. She's such a pretty cat.

You are a very nice lady taking her in!

Willow said...

What a sweet story! I love knowing that people can tame the little feral kitties.

What a lucky girl Violette is.

BClark said...

How very super, thank you for sharing! I have a variety of cats, inside and out and am in the process of making friends with the little girl in the barn. She actually sniffed my glove the other day,lol.
Best to you

Karen said...

So nice for Violette that she found a safe, sweet home and new friends:)

Tracey said...

What a sweet kitty! I have 3 and they are my babies!

Sorry it's been a while since I've visited...I've been super busy and also sick! Yuck!

I will post the awards you gave me soon. Thanks so much!