Monday, September 24, 2007

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...





















For lack of something new to write about, I took a hint from another blogsite and have shown you some of my favorite things. Some things I have inherited and, as my family teases me, these will go in the "Hollingsworth Museum."


The silver tea set belonged to my grandmother. I tried to polish it, but gave up and will let it age gracefully, along with me. The picture of the boy and girl are "Peter" and "Charlotte" -- I have seen these prints in antique stores, but these belonged to my parents and always hung by the front door. The snow globe of "Rudolph" was given to me when I was a very young girl. I have moved many times since then and always carry it wrapped carefully in my handbag for the move. The rooster belonged to my grandmother and I have treasured this for years and when she died, it became mine. The little yellow lovebirds were a wedding present to my parents. The Buddhas belonged to my parents and I think my grandmother before that. They sit in front of a cloisonne lamp that has the same provenance.

Maybe I will make this a Monday theme -- my favorite things. I have to start getting rid of the clutter around my house, but these are things with which I will never part. What are your favorite things in your house?

10 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Thanks for joining in! You're welcome to add a link to the party so everyone can party hop from blog to blog.

kris said...

This is a great idea - I think coming up with post ideas over a long Minnesota winter may prove challenging! :)

I love your favorite things. I tried to choose a favorite, but they are all beautiful and/or charming. I'm happy that you're letting your grandmother's tea set age gracefully - I'm very into that idea right now.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your favorite things. I'm really partial to the
'Rudolph' globe.

kookie said...

I love 'Peter' and 'Charlotte'. Charming.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Love "Peter and Charlotte"..... also especially like the rooster, and OF COURSE the Rudolph snow globe!!
:)

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of doing this each Monday. I don't remember the pictures of Peter and Charlotte hanging in your old house though.

You changed your blog design! I love it! Did you do it all by yourself? I'm so proud of you!!

violetlady said...

Thank you for your comments. What I meant to ask at the end was "what are your favorite things in your house?".
Lynne, yes I did it all by myself. I didn't want the photo that big, but can't seem to get the size right in header photos.

Beth Leintz said...

I love the idea of posting your favorite things every Monday- what a wonderful way to share!

bluemuf said...

Beautiful favourite treasures. I just love the silver tea set. I have enjoyed my visit to your blog and was glad you spent some time at mine. I also like the idea of having the theme favourite things on Mondays.

Karen

Debbie Doughty said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Yes, grandchildren are the greatest! It's so nice to meet another blogging grandma!