Sunday, September 14, 2008

TODAY ON BEECH DRIVE


I made it to church today - had to sit in the choir loft because I was a little late and the place was packed.

It is 90 degrees today and it feels like the humidity is high as well.


I am in the process of reading three books right now: Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich, R is for Ricochet by Sue Grafton and The Santa Letters by Stacy Gooch-Anderson. I don't usually read more than one book at a time, but two of these are library books and I have to get them read in a timely manner. The Santa Letters is being read for a review which will appear here on September 22. I also have books that are heavier reading and I read them sporadically. I just finished James Lee Burke's latest, Swan Peak, which was (as always) excellent. That man's writing is so beautiful; his prose is like poetry. I have been working my way through Sue Grafton's alphabet mysteries from A to T.

I am off to the movies with some friends to see Brad Pitt and George Clooney in Burn After Reading. I'll update my opinion tonight.

UPDATE: Burn After Reading was hilarious!! If you have a chance, go see this movie. The dialog is full of a certain four letter word, so I would not have young people see it, but if you don't mind that it is full of a lot of laughs. It is a Coen Brothers movie if you are familiar with them ("No Country for Old Men.")

That's the news from Beech Drive today.


No comments: