Monday, October 11, 2010

What A Month!

Autumn has arrived here in coastal Delaware although the temperature today was supposed to be a high of 84 which is somewhat warm for October.  Pumpkins are cheerfully spreading their color throughout a local pumpkin patch that I drove by today.  It made me happy just to see it.

We are very busy -- my husband is building another mega-house for a client.  It has been a struggle getting it past local town regulations since it is on a canal and larger in height than is usually allowed, therefore needed a variance.  He thinks he may retire after this house.  At 72 it may be time.

I am busy preparing for our annual Realtors' auction in which we raise money to help provide a happy Christmas for needy children.  Our theme is "Winter Wonderland By The Sea."  We will use loaned Christmas trees with white lights and centerpieces of seashells and "snow." We have a very limited budget for decorations so I don't know how much of a "wonderland" it will be!

I attended an Argentine Tango weekend workshop last month and have another one in a few weeks.  I have never done this before and I signed up and went alone.  My husband is not a dancer and since his fall off his boat this summer he is still limping around.  The dance classes were tons of fun -- what a beautiful dance.

We are also in the process of moving to a smaller home not far away.  I am trying to get up the momentum to pack.  I am a clutterer and a collector which makes it difficult.  I am also running into a problem getting boxes from the local liquor stores.  They used to provide an unlimited amount of boxes needed for packing.  Now they don't seem to want to give more than a few at a time.  Other stores crush them as they discard them.  The last time we moved we had movers do it, although I did the packing.  For some reason (husband's decision) we are doing it ourselves with the assistance of his employees.  I don't know how I got all this stuff in this house when we moved here fifteen years ago.  What a nightmare!

Hope you are all having a happy October!

Photo credit: www.Virginiaplaces.org


Violetlady
xxoo

7 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I noticed you hadn't posted for awhile and I can see why!
The dance lessons sound like fun - I'd like to try ballroom dancing but don't know about hubby.
Hope your move goes smoothly.
Judith

Linda said...

Wow! You are busy...the dance classes sound so fun kind of makes up for all the hard work of moving..but it will be so nice when you are settled in your new spot. The pumpkins are so pretty...seeing them made me smile too...hugs, Linda

Linda said...

Wow! You are busy...the dance classes sound so fun kind of makes up for all the hard work of moving..but it will be so nice when you are settled in your new spot. The pumpkins are so pretty...seeing them made me smile too...hugs, Linda

Cozy Home Cottage said...

Hey you! Good to read your post. It sounds like you have been one busy lady! I think the plans for the Winter Wonderland sounds lovely and I am sure it will all turn out fine. The dancing lessons sound like they were a lot of fun. I am so behind on my blogging, I am hoping to get back at it this coming week....we'll see (lol)
Have a beautiful week!
Charlotte

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Love the pumpkin photo. It's always a great signal that autumn is at near. You ARE very busy.

Darryl and Ruth : )

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I hope you move went well and you are settled in...Happy New Year!

iSEO Ranker said...

I'd like to try ballroom dancing but don't know about hubby.I am so behind on my blogging, I am hoping to get back at it this coming week.

Financial aid for single mothers