Friday, May 07, 2010

My Opinion For The Day

I think I have been watching way too much mainstream television.  Dancing With The Stars, Celebrity Apprentice, Access Hollywood and the list goes on.  I have developed a big peeve about some of the interviews and personalities.  Have you ever noticed how they rave about certain older actresses' looks?  Well, who wouldn't look great for 50 or 60 or 70 when you have had a little nip and tuck every once in awhile?  It is like getting credit for something you never did.  I understand that many (most?) actresses have to keep up appearances in order to maintain their careers.  I am not against plastic surgery in general.  I will never have it, but within reason I think it is one's own business.  But, PLEASE, don't rave on and on and give accolades to older actresses for looking young, when it is ARTIFICIAL aging.

Tonight on Access Hollywood, Raquel Welch was given the compliment of being the most glamorous grandma (in time for Mother's Day).  She is a beautiful woman (aged 69) who has obviously had some very good plastic surgery.  She looks natural.  Her skin is not pulled too tight which makes some women look like monsters.  BUT -- she has not aged so beautifully without the help of a talented plastic surgeon.  I want to see someone who has not had "work" done and still looks good for her age be given a compliment or award for aging naturally and gracefully without plastic surgery.


That is my opinion for the day.

Violetlady
xo

5 comments:

Willow said...

Lena Horne?

Carolyn said...

I agree!!!

Have a good weekend,
Carolyn

BClark said...

I am so with you on that. One of my current peeves is Jane Fonda, who I ain't real fonda. Now they are touting her new exercise video, which is probably just as phony as her first ones. It came out a few years ago that she was bulimic etc so her great shape was NOT due to her workouts. I just want to throw things when I see the ads.
As to Raquel again it is for the money, there is no way without extensive surgery and fantastic make up that she would even remotely resemble her current image.

Anonymous said...

If you want to see a woman who has aged beautifully, you only need to take a look in the mirror. You were beautiful as a teenager and you're beautiful now.

Janet said...

Here's to all women of a certain age who are aging gracefully and naturally... we all look beautiful!